- Created Hampstead’s first dog run, one of the finest on the island – 100% funded by dog license fees. Now moved to Hampstead Park.
- Added several more large shades (umbrellas) and lounge chairs.
- Introduced Candy Cafe to provide better food service.
- Increased the height of the fence and added a motion activated alarm to make it safer and more secure.
- Installed new tennis lights for better play at night
- Created a patio area in which to relax while waiting for a court.
- Introduced day passes for residents who want to play only occasionally.
- Hosted the MAB-Mackay charity tennis tournament.
- Increased enrollment at the day camp – clear evidence of its improved quality.
- Improvements to 8 of 9 parks, including the purchase of new playground equipment.
- All park equipment brought up to and maintained at CSA standards for increased safety.
- Two new recreational skating rinks at Ellerdale Park and Applewood Park.
- Several walking paths improved/repaved.
- Introduced new programs such as Flag Football and Street Hockey.
- Increased soccer training and expanded the age groups.
- Added more hockey teams.
- Started a sports camp.
- Increased sports programs and participation.
- Initiated new adult events, including Meet the Councillors Night, A Night on the Town, Art Show, Yard and Book Sale, Concert /Movies in the Park, Charity Blood Drive, etc.,
- Running more kids and family events than ever before.
- Started a sponsorship and advertising programs to generate income from community events (starting with the Night on the Town), trees, park benches, dog bag dispensers, newsletter, etc.
- This program has already raised over $100,000 for the town.
- Encouraged resident engagement through volunteering, advisory committees and community groups, for example, Centennial Committee, H-DOG, Adult Events Committee.
- Introduced the Library Rebate program subsidizing membership to the library of your choice.