- Introduced nine new raised crosswalks.
- The new crosswalk on Fleet, with flashing warning lights, has made crossing between Minden and Queen Mary safer.
- Installed close to two dozen new low profile speed humps.
- Redesigned the Finchley Circle making the intersection much safer and more attractive.
- No Left Turn at Queen Mary & Ellerdale, during afternoon rush hours, has reduced traffic by 300 cars daily.
- The new right turn lane at Queen Mary and Fleet has facilitated traffic flow.
- Changes on Fleet during morning rush hour have dramatically reduced traffic in Hampstead north of Fleet and the burden has been spread out fairly.
- Saved our local neighbourhood police station 9, which was slated for closing, thus ensuring better protection for our residents.
- Attained more police presence in Hampstead – Bill was the Vice-Chair of the Agglomeration Permanent Commission on Public Security.
- Crime has dropped in Hampstead since I was first elected.
Securing our neighbourhood
- Significantly reduced loitering and drug activity in our parks by:
- Increasing surveillance by both police and public security.
- Adding lighting
- Creating no stopping zones after 10pm
- Implemented new pool safety requirements, increased the number of regular and spot-check inspections, and added an extension to the fence around Hampstead pool plus a motion detector
- Purchased 4 defibrillators and trained all necessary staff in the proper use of these life saving devices.
- Introduced the Safety and Security fest which gives residents the opportunity to meet with their emergency service providers and learn about new technologies in home and personal protection.
- Bike safety training program given by the SPVM