Created Hampstead’s first dog run, one of the finest on the island – 100% funded by dog license fees.
- Added several more large shades (umbrellas) and lounge chairs.
- Introduced Cafe to provide better food service.
- Increased the height of the fence and added a motion activated alarm to make it safer and more secure.
- Will be putting in a new surface, new irrigation and state of the art tennis lights at the end of the 2021 season
- Created a patio area in which to relax while waiting for a court.
- Introduced day passes for residents who want to play only occasionally.
- Improvements to every park, including the purchase of new playground equipment.
- All park equipment brought up to and maintained at CSA standards for increased safety.
- Two new recreational skating rinks at Ellerdale Park and Applewood Park.
- Most walking paths improved/repaved.
- Introduced new programs such as Flag Football and Street Hockey.
- Increased soccer training and expanded the age groups.
- Added more hockey teams.
- Increased sports programs and participation.
- Celebrated Hampstead’s 100th anniversary with a Centennial Parade and Concert. Featuring, Ginette Reno, Martha Washington, Crystal Waters, Guy Lafleur, The Damn Truth, The Royal Montreal Regiment marching band, RCMP Ride and more!
- Initiated new adult events, Art Show, Yard and Book Sale, Concert /Movies in the Park, Charity Blood Drive, including Meet the Councillors Night, A Night on the Town, etc.,
- Running more kids and family events than ever before.
- Initiated the Summer Concert Series in the park.
- Increased enrollment at the day camp – clear evidence of its improved quality.
- Encouraged resident engagement through volunteering, advisory committees and community groups, for example, Centennial Committee, H-DOG, Adult Events Committee.
- Introduced the Library Rebate program subsidizing membership to the library of your choice.