Created Hampstead’s first dog run, one of the finest on the island – 100% funded by dog license fees.
- Added several more large shades (umbrellas) and lounge chairs.
- Introduced Cafe to provide better food service.
- Increased the height of the fence and added a motion activated alarm to make it safer and more secure.
- Will be putting in a new surface, new irrigation and state of the art tennis lights at the end of the 2021 season
- Created a patio area in which to relax while waiting for a court.
- Introduced day passes for residents who want to play only occasionally.
- Improvements to every park, including the purchase of new playground equipment.
- All park equipment brought up to and maintained at CSA standards for increased safety.
- Two new recreational skating rinks at Ellerdale Park and Applewood Park.
- Most walking paths improved/repaved.
- Introduced new programs such as Flag Football and Street Hockey.
- Increased soccer training and expanded the age groups.
- Added more hockey teams.
- Increased sports programs and participation.
- Celebrated Hampstead’s 100th anniversary with a Centennial Parade and Concert. Featuring, Ginette Reno, Martha Washington, Crystal Waters, Guy Lafleur, The Damn Truth, The Royal Montreal Regiment marching band, RCMP Ride and more!
- Initiated new adult events, Art Show, Yard and Book Sale, Concert /Movies in the Park, Charity Blood Drive, including Meet the Councillors Night, A Night on the Town, etc.,
- Running more kids and family events than ever before.
- Initiated the Summer Concert Series in the park.
- Increased enrollment at the day camp – clear evidence of its improved quality.
- Encouraged resident engagement through volunteering, advisory committees and community groups, for example, Centennial Committee, H-DOG, Adult Events Committee.
- Introduced the Library Rebate program subsidizing membership to the library of your choice.
Read about what else Bill has accomplished in his Track Record or read about what Bill intends to accomplish in his Vision for a New Era.